About the Position: This position is located at Fort Polk, Louisiana. The surrounding community is comprised of the towns of Leesville, DeRidder, New Llano, & Anacoco. The nearest cities are Alexandria & Lake Charles. The area is considered rural with the Kisatchie National Forest, which offers hunting and recreational activities, located nearby. Also located nearby are Toledo Bend Lake, Vernon Lake & Anacoco Lake for those interested in fishing, boating, swimming, etc.
Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical assistance using Global Combat Support System (GCSS)-Army, to conduct formal property accounting procedures to customers
- Processes supply requests through the Resource Management Office (RMO) and inputs into the automated requisitioning system
- Processes General Fund Enterprise Business System (GFIBS) purchases for essential mission related supplies and services with the Government Commercial Purchase Card (GCPC) making only authorized purchases
- Provides technical assistance in conducting physical inventories to ensure property accountability for all items issued to hand-receipt holders using a thorough knowledge of supply regulations to conduct physical inventories of equipment
- Updates the hand-receipt files to reflect any transactions to the hand receipt daily and posts transactions to include turn in, transfer, and adjustments to accurately reflect property book balances
- Serves as Automated Data Processing (ADP) disposal coordinator for serviced organization, maintaining the organization's excess Automated Data Processing Equipment (ADPE) warehouse and processing turn-in of excess
- Prepares requests to withdraw equipment from the Defense Reutilization and Marketing Office, Defense Logistics Agency-Disposition (DLA-DISP)
- Collect and maintain required documentation, files and records and verify independent receipt and acceptance of goods and services
- Provide guidance and assistance in all areas concerning the hand-receipt holders property and files hand receipt transaction in accordance with Modern Army Record Keeping System (MARKS) and ensures current signature cards are on file.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.