About the Position: The U.S. Military Academy, West Point, NY is an academic institution located in the Hudson River Valley, 50 miles from New York City. The historic site is the oldest continuously occupied military post in America. West Point is a self-contained city with housing, a Department of Public Works, libraries, hospital, fire department, chapels, and restaurants. Employees have access to Eisenhower Hall Theater, Hudson Valley's performing arts center, and recreational facilities.
Learn more about this agency
- Serves as the office manager and principal confidential assistant to the MEDDAC Commander, Deputy Commander for Administration, and Command Sergeant Major and supports the outlying clinics in getting all administrative tasks accomplished in a MEDDAC.
- Provides executive level administration by serving as the office manager and executive assistant for the Headquarters (HQ) of the Medical Department Activity (MEDDAC), West Point, New York and the USA MEDDAC Regional Command.
- Serves as point of contact for subordinate secretaries and the various departments within the USA MEDDAC, West Point, and the USA MEDDAC Regional Command to address administrative issues, policy questions or clarifications.
- Maintains a weekly calendar including a summary of all social and business engagements, TDY trips, leave of Commander and his support staff, plus TDY and leave dates of persons in the Chain of Command.
- Schedules appointments as determined from importance and priority of request and availability of Commander, DCA, and CSM, briefs them on subject matter of commitments and reminds them of appointments.
- Participates in the planning, directing, and coordination of the procedural and administrative functions of the MEDDAC HQ.
- Interprets and advises MEDDAC HQ personnel on administrative and clerical policies, procedures, directives and requirements.
- Takes and transcribes dictation of meetings on key hospital committees, such as the Executive Committee, Environment of Care Committee, the Executive Program Advisory Budget Committee, and the GWOT Funding Committee.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.