The Miami VA Medical Center is looking for a highly motivated individual to work within Nutrition and Food Service, as a Secretary. The incumbent will manage and perform administrative, clerical and technical work in support of the Service under the guidance of the Chief, Nutrition and Food Service.
Learn more about this agency
- Coordinates administration of the office of the Chief to ensure smooth flow of operations.
- Keep the calendar of the Chief and Assistant Chief of Nutrition and Food Service.
- Screens requests for appointments to determine if any other staff members are involved or may be able to resolve problem with referral to the chief.
- Maintains the files and directives library making necessary changes when needed.
- Makes distribution of manual and other directives to subordinate's section of the service.
- Maintains a working level of forms, office supplies and material needed for administrative operations.
- Responds to requests for information concerning service functions anticipating needs for information by preparing materials.
- Reviews documents prepared for signature for conformance to regulations, format, local policy and other requirements.
- Maintains the time and attendance records.
- Decides whether important or emergency matters should be brought to the chief's attention.
- Assists staff subordinate to the Chief in the procedural aspects of expediting the work of the service.
- Refers call and visitors to other appropriate Nutrition and Food Service Service Section or other areas of the medical center as required.
- Receives visitors and telephone calls to the chief and assistant chief and their staff.
- Makes necessary arrangements for travel by making reservation and notifying organization and officials to be visited.
- Take minutes from several committee meetings.
- Coordinates interviews for Dietetic Interns
- Prepare employee folder for orientation of new employees
- Organize and maintain share drive
Preferred Experience listed below:
- Experience with Coordinating meetings and schedules interviews for Chief and Assistant chief of Nutrition and Food.
- Experience with VATAS Time keeping duties in the absence of a timekeeper.
- Experience with coordinating government travel.
- 1-year experience as a secretary, or Admin assistant
- Experience with keeping employees and supervisors informed on employee recognition, incentive awards, performance evaluations, and disciplinary/adverse actions.
- Experience as a support assistant (budget clerk) and automation clerk.
- Knowledge of electronic systems for purchasing, for time and attendance, records liaison, safety liaison and budget control records.
- Serves as key control officer for the service, maintaining accurate and up-to-date record of key
assignments. Conducts annual key audit.
- Experience with equipment maintenance, repair, or space modifications as appropriate.
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Position Description Title/PD#:
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required.