This position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with limited direction. Time management skills and a high level of judgment are necessary. This position also requires independence of action, general latitude for decision-making and knowledge of information sources concerning complex questions, policies, and procedures for women Veterans.
Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves, primarily as the Program Assistant to the Women Veterans Program Manager. The incumbent provides a complete range of program support which includes customer service coordination, promotion and visibility of comprehensive care services in primary care, OB/GYN, Behavior health and telehealth for women Veterans in the ECHCS. Responsible for ongoing projects such as monitoring the Designated Women's Health Proficiency records, Women's Health Mini Residency trainings, maternity recognition events and information gathering and analysis for the program.
- Performs work involving oversight of complex women comprehensive care services to ensure timely access to women health services. Facilitates access to care by assisting women Veterans with eligibility. enrollment, maternal care, primary care, gynecology care, Community Care, Behavioral Health, Veterans family program group and future women Veterans centered services .Collaborates with all ECHCS and community partners to promote the program.
- Prepares, executes, and tracks program specific information, such as educational material, outreach, grants, cooperative agreements, and updates provided by the National Women Veterans Health Program. Manages and organizes information by utilizing CPRS, VSSC, Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint.
- Assists in the acquisition, development, and scheduling of program resource materials and personnel, such as hard copy and computer-based brochures, reports, agency staff and volunteer personnel. Monitors and ensures distribution of Monthly Health Messages on the internal ECHCS media.
- Participates in outreach programs with Women Veterans and family members and maintains ongoing. communication and coordination of VHA services for women Veterans and the Women Veterans Call Center.
- Conducts program surveys and analyzes trends based on expressed needs of women Veterans and stakeholders. Provide assistance and supports revisions to the Women Veterans Health Advisory committee, the Women Veterans Health Program, CBOCs liaisons and the Women Veterans Strategic plan.
- Must be creative and innovative in assisting in developing policies and procedures for the program as it becomes necessary. Will evaluate and analyze policies and procedures and make recommendations for change when needed.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday between 8:00 am - 5:30 pm
Compressed/Flexible: Compressed schedule is available. Every other Monday will be the Rotating Day Off (RDO)
Telework: Position is not suitable under any condition.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Program Support Assistant, Women Veterans Health Program, GS-0303-5, PD# 10536A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required