Higher level of authority.
May be assigned to exercise technical or functional supervision of lower level support staff.
As Assigned to Development Services:
- Verifies legal, zoning, resolutions, rezones, zoning use permits, subdivisions, commercial and residential, variances, permits, setbacks, easements, abandonment's, overlay, septic/sewer, and flood requirements.
- Assists the public in the preparation of building and zoning permit applications including answering basic permit content questions.
- Assists other County departments with permit applications.
- Collects fees; enters applications using the ACCELA software, signs off ACCELA Automation workflows, issues permits and provides copies to customer, Assessor's Office and the State of Arizona. Verifies that tap fees have been paid prior to Certificates of Occupancy being issued or mobile homes being set.
- Updates all counter zoning maps and related data bases.
- Signs off on permit approvals when required.
- Analyzes and checks submitted permit applications; assists at the front counter; answers questions on zoning and environmental quality matters from the public and County staff; determines whether plot plans and drawings meet the County zoning regulations and/or environmental health regulations and whether there are any observable errors in the submissions.
- Makes recommendations to staff concerning the adequacy of the submitted documents.
- Performs mathematical calculations relative to assigned projects.
- Reviews deeds and legal descriptions and performs office research to gather information on correct legal descriptions and owner of record.
- Verifies accuracy of legal descriptions.
- Receipts monies collected.
- Maintains regular contact with County departments, governmental agencies, contractors, the general public and other agencies while obtaining information and data.
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with appropriate personnel and agencies.
- Maintains appropriate up to date records and files affecting assigned work area.
- Verifies plot plan, lot dimensions, and setbacks.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- May prepare daily deposits
- High School diploma /GED
- One (1) year technical, general clerical support work and/or customer service experience AND
- One (1) year relevant experience in either Permitting, Planning, Zoning, Engineering Technician, Building Technician, Title Company and/or Realtor or related field.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
- Must possess a valid Driver's License for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Procedures, terminology and accepted or common practices, and policies of the assigned specialized work and the department/area to which assigned.
- Standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Filing and Information Systems.
- Computer literacy to include use of specialized permitting programs, electronic spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Specialized knowledge of County, state and federal laws, rules, regulations and ordinances pertaining to planning and zoning, methods of land descriptions.
- Graphic techniques and topographic mapping, septic and sewer setbacks.
- Mohave CountyPersonnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Efficiently operating and utilizing modern office machines as necessary to include typewriters, fax transmittal machines, calculators, and the use of computer keyboards and related software and peripheral equipment.
- Communicating and acting in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
- Work independently
- Interpret technical information encountered in the performance of responsibilities.
- Secure facts; document information; evaluate data and draw valid conclusions.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with associate personnel, the general public, and County departments and external agencies.
- Deal tactfully and diplomatically in adverse situations.
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, andDepartment Regulations.
Mohave County provides two options for Self Insured Medical Plan, paid by Employee & Employer, to regular employees (employees who work at least 30 hours per week). Both plan options utilize the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona for in Arizona coverage, plus the Aetna Choice POS II network for out of Arizona coverage; when you need medical care, select a provider from the directory and verify the provider's current status as a network provider. The medical plans include pharmacy benefits.
- Summary Plan Description http://resources.mohavecounty.us/file/HumanResources/Benefits
- PLAN 1: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan Deductible $1,000 per person deductible. Calendar Year Out of Pocket Maximum per Single Coverage is $6,300 and $12,700 for Family Coverage.
- PLAN 2: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) $3,000 maximum Out of Pocket for Single Coverage and $6000 maximum Out of Pocket maximum for Family
Out of Pocket Maximum includes medical Deductible, medical Copays,Prescription Drug Deductible and Copays.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Health care reimbursement account: up to $2,550 per year
- Dependent daycare reimbursement account: up to $5,000 per year
Health Savings Account (HSA)
- $3,450 max employee contribution for Single coverage
- $6,900 max employee contribution for Family coverage.
- High Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.High Option includes orthodontia benefit with lifetime maximum of $1,500.
- Low Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.
Coverage is through The Standard
Employee Assistance Program(EAP)
EAP is to help employees deal with personal problems that often impact job performance, health and well-being.
Coverage is through Standard Life Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment of $50,000
- Provided by Mohave County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week
Optional / Voluntary Benefits
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available through The Standard Life Insurance Company for employees, spouse and dependent children.
- Tax Deferred Compensation Plan 457: this option is voluntary and available to all employees through ICMA-RC or Nationwide.
Retirement Systems / Long-Term Disability
Mohave County is a participating agency in these retirement systems:
- (ASRS) Arizona State Retirement System: Employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more.
- Correction Officers Retirement Plan:
- (CORP): Employees in Adult Detention positions with Sheriff's Office
- (AOC-CORP): Juvenile Detention and Adult Probation (Superior Court)
- (PSPRS):Public Safety Personnel Retirement System: Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office.
The following additional benefits are available to all regular employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Payroll direct deposit
- Paid Time Off ? vacation/sick time
- Pre-tax deduction plan
- Bereavement Leave