Performs a variety of clerical and technical duties involved in accepting, reviewing, and processing forms, plans, and permit applications for building, planning, public works, and business licensing; assists and informs the public in person and on the telephone regarding departmental policies and procedures related to applications for development; and assists with daily coverage of the front counter of the Community Development Department.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides initial information and assistance to the public, professionals, and contractors regarding building permits, business licenses, public works permits, basic code requirements, property development standards and requirements.
- Receives and reviews plans and applications for completeness and compliance and computes fee estimates; routes plans to appropriate staff for review; tracks and monitors plan review status; notifies applicants of review status.
- Approves and issues various types of required permits; calculates and collects fees for permits; prepares daily cash reports; enters, stores, and receives data electronically; and compiles descriptive statistical reports regarding departmental activity for management and outside agencies.
- Performs a variety of clerical and technical tasks in support of assigned office functions including: generating and maintaining accurate record keeping systems; responding to public records requests; entering citizen complaints into the electronic permit management system; scheduling and coordinating inspections and related work activities; recommending and coordinating automated permitting system enhancements; reviewing policies and procedures; writing reports, letters, memos; and receiving calls and answering questions regarding permit processes and code requirements.
- Assist with coverage of the front counter; answers main phone line; perform basic clerical duties to assist with the daily functions of the City; and provides exceptional customer service to the public.