- Provides clerical and receptionist support for the City's Public Works Administration and Facilities divisions
- Prepares payroll for Fleet, Facilities and Administration
- Manages requisitions and purchasing card statements for Facilities.
- Assists theOffice Administratorwith various projects such as preparing Personnel Action Request forms and confidential personnel records (including training certificates, performance / disciplinary action documentation, etc..
- Provides excellent customer service to internal and external customers (both over the phone and in person) who need assistance. Determines how best to help by referring to appropriate person/department or taking information to allow time for more research and resolution of issue/problem.
- Assists with miscellaneous office projects as needed throughout the office such as maintaining, filing and records storage and retention and others.
- Attends mandatory training regarding general staff and computer training.
- Prepares reports, correspondence, and statistical tabulations.
- Inputs and retrieves data from a computer; makes final checks of documents for proper coding, classification, and mathematical accuracy. Data entry includes:
- Setup residential and commercial accounts for new customers
- Maintain spreadsheets (recyclables, employee uniforms/boots, etc.)
- Update RMSresidential addresses with new annexations/new service
Training and Experience:
High school diploma or GED
Intermediate proficiency in typing, word processing, database and/or spreadsheets
At least two (2) years office clerical experience required
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
input, access, and retrieve data
ensure accuracy of data entry and ability to proofread and reconcile entry
meet and deal courteously with the general public using tact and discretion
handle multiple office functions
understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions
work independently and carry out assignments to completion with minimum instruction\
maintain complex records, and to make reports requiring extreme accuracy
provide positive customer service is required
maintain effective working relationships with other employees and general public
Physical Requirements: The essential functions of the job require: sitting approximately six (6) hours per day, standing approximately one (1) hour per day, and walking approximately one (1) hour per day. The job also requires frequent: bending/stooping, fine manipulations, and repetitive motion, with occasional: grasping, reaching, lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 15 pounds, and lifting/carrying objects weighing up to 44 pounds. On rare occasions the work requires: crawling, kneeling, pulling, and pushing.
Sensory Requirements: Hearing: Ability to understand what others are saying in normal conversation and on the telephone. Speaking: Ability to communicate orally with others and speak effectively on the telephone. Seeing: Ability to see and read computer monitor screens, and read normal print.
Driving Requirements:May require occasional driving and possession of a valid Florida Driver's License.
Office Equipment: Ability to operate telephone, fax, photocopier, printer, calculator, and computers. Daily job responsibilities include scanning and indexing documents, maintains a centralized filing system, and researches records including searching databases, scanned images, and microfilm and microfiche.
Providing the Largo community with superior services in a welcoming, supportive and informative manner is our mission! Equally important as our commitment to the community is our commitment to our employees who enjoy excellent benefits, competitive pay, and outstanding opportunities for continuing education, training, incentives and professional development.
The City of Largo strives to offer employees a comprehensive benefits package. Benefits include access to insurance plans for health, dental, vision, and life, flexible spending accounts, deferred compensation supplemental retirement accounts, paid holidays, a variety of leave time, tuition reimbursement, employee referral bonus and much more!
For more information on the City of Largo Employee Benefits offerings, please review our Largo Lifeline!
FY 2017 - 2018 Employee Benefits Summary
- Less than 2
- 2 - 4
- 5 or more
- Minimal: Proofread documents, filing, etc.
- Intermediate: Handled data entry into excel and word processing documents
- Advanced: Data entry is my primary job and I have edited / reconciled my work against reports, etc.
- Little to no experience in a busy office environment
- Mostly worked with customers over the phone
- Mostly worked with customer who come into the office in person
- Experience in high volume customer service both over the phone and in person
* Required Question