This position is located in DEPARTMENT OF HOMELAND SECURITY, U.S. COAST GUARD, SURFACE FORCES LOGISTICS CENTER, SMALL BOAT PRODUCT LINE in BALTIMORE, MARYLAND.
Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Surface Forces Logistics Center, Small Boat Product Line (SBPL) performing a variety of administrative work and clerical tasks in conjunction with the use of various office automation software capabilities while assisting the Product Line Manager (PLM) and staff.
Being a Coast Guard civilian makes you a valuable member of the Coast Guard team.
Typical work assignments include:
- Provides office automation and a variety of other support services to management and staff.
- Functions may include:maintaining office records, files and reference materials; making travel arrangements; monitoring employee evaluations and awards; serving as product line training coordinator; processing mail; greeting office visitors and answering telephones.
- Collecting, organizing and disseminating SBPL meeting agenda.
- Producingreports and other documents using word processing software functions while working from handwritten draft, edited copy or electronic files.
- Ensuring documents are in proper format and verifies spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and grammar.
- Storing, retrieving, and printing a variety of documents to include those requiring complex formats as graphics, tables or spreadsheets within text.
- Supporting SBPL management staff with the hiring procedures.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required.