Summary of Assignment
Under the direction of the Kitchen Manager or designee, perform skilled cooking or baking to ensure high quality, nutritious food production and service. May lead assigned staff in meal preparation, serving and clean up.Essential Functions
- Prepare and serve attractive, high quality, nutritious, cost effective meals following standardized procedures, which may include cooking or baking according to the . established work schedule, following menu planners as well as meeting District standards.
- Complete tasks within time allocated.
- Comply with approved safety and sanitation procedures.
- Assist in the cleaning of kitchen, equipment, tables and storeroom as scheduled by manager and report equipment malfunctions to insure safe working conditions.
- Assist in maintaining appropriate food and supply inventories.
- May direct or assist unit employees in meal preparation tasks to meet emergencies, onthe-job training situations or as, necessary to maintain the operation of the cafeteria unit or as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or designee.
- Maintain required daily records and reports and submit to Kitchen Manager.
- Collect money and account for meals served according to established procedures either manually or by computer, if requested.
- Maintain a plate count for record of meals served.
- Promote Child Nutrition Services programs to increase meal participation.
- Assist school staff in promoting proper nutrition.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relations with others. Revised: 1/19/99
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Required to stand and walk for prolonged periods; ability to lift up to 25 Ibs.; carry, push, stoop, reach and ability to handle and perform fingering functions.
Required to shift tasks and priorities; experience frequent interruptions; requires flexibility and adaptability; perform repetitive tasks; requires individual initiative and teamwork; ability to communicate with students and adults in some difficult situations.
Requires effective decision making and problem solving; required to communicate with difficult individuals; excellent listening skills; adapt to change and remain flexible.
Have normal far vision, depth perception and color vision.
May be exposed to general cleaning chemicals.Typical Qualifications
1. Meet minimum qualifications for Assistant andSatellite Servers.
2. One year experience in commercial or institutional food preparation
3. Ability to utilize fundamentals of meal preparation.
4. Skills to plan menus and adjust recipes.
5.Competency to complete and maintain all records as requested and
substitute as needed.
A position that is3.5 hours per day or moreis eligible for the District's benefits plans, including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, and flexible spending plans. Enrollment is not automatic. In order to participate, you must complete and submit enrollment forms within 30 days of your hire date. Information regarding your benefits is available on the Benefits Website at www.ourpasswordpage.com (password is "sps") or by calling the Benefits Helpline at (206) 957-7066. It is your responsibility to enroll in a timely fashion, and failure to do so will result in your coverage being waived for the remainder of the plan year.