OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to Veterans?
Please refer to the required documents section of the job announcement.
Learn more about this agency
The Licensed Practical Nurse, works under the direction of the Registered Nurse and or physician with minimal supervision and is accountable to the Clinic Nurse Manager. He/she demonstrates self-direction and critical thinking skills in carrying out simple to the most complex practical nursing care assignments for variable patient populations. He/she provides safe, timely and individualized nursing care to patients in the Ambulatory Care setting.
Major Duties may include, but not limited to:
- Performs complex practical nursing skills with precision and efficiency, consistent with Medical Center policy and procedure and within the legal and ethical responsibilities of his/her licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Demonstrates ability to use judgment to plan and organize assignments with minimal assistance and directions. Completes assignments and assists others as needed and demonstrates the ability to effectively manage patient flow to maintain timeliness of appointments.
- He/she is capable of initiating appropriate actions based on his/her observations of the patient's condition, seeks assistance from MD/PA/NP/RN when needed and intervenes as directed.
- Demonstrates the ability to recognize and initiate emergency measures (to include psychiatric emergencies) and demonstrates the ability to assist in resuscitation procedures during cardiac and respiratory arrest
- Reinforces instructions given by the MD/PA/NP/RN regarding medications, pre-procedure instructions and reviews learning assessments (past initial assessment by the RN).
- Assists in care coordination and access for all ambulatory care through communication and placing consult per nursing protocols.
- Maintains the knowledge and skill in performing support duties for complex diagnostic tests and/or specialized practices or procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively manage patient flow to maintain timeliness of appointments.
- Utilizes nursing protocols with attention to the individuality of patients, patient safety and evidence-based practice.
- Performs specialized practical nursing activities requiring broad work experience and demonstrated skill sufficient to resolve a range of nursing problems.
- Prepares and administers prescribed medications (oral, topical, subcutaneous, intramuscular) and performs treatments according to established policies and procedures. Observes for changes in patient condition, caused by medications, treatments, and procedures.
Preferred Experience: Primary Care experience
Work Schedule: The primary tour of duty will be the day shift 8 hours per day Monday-Friday
Functional Statement: LPN; 00000
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required