The Record Office is a complex work area responsible for the interpretation of court documents, intake and release of all prisoners, transfer of prisoners within and outside of the Department, processing of all pending felony charges and outstanding felony warrants. The Record Office ensures the daily prisoner count is accurate based on the completion of the daily bulletin and review of all movements into and out of the facility. This position performs and oversees a variety of general office support assignments, processing documents, recording, retrieving and distributing data via computer entry as an essential/substantial part of the work load.. Review and interpretation of data from Offender Management Network Information system (OMNI) and/or Offender Management System (OMS) are necessary to complete all tasks. This position is responsible for data entry, file maintenance, prisoner misconducts/forfeitures, ordering supplies and other duties as assigned by supervisor.Required Education and Experience
Educational level typically acquired through completion of high school.
General Office Assistant 5
No specific type or amount of experience is required.
General Office Assistant 6
One year of administrative support experience.
General Office Assistant E7
Two years of administrative support experience, including one year equivalent to the intermediate level.
Certain positions may require a criminal history background check.
View the job specification at: http://www.michigan.gov/documents/GeneralOfficeAssistant_12692_7.pdf
Position Description: General Office Assistant -Records Office.doc
The Department of Corrections may screen out job applicants who have been convicted of a felony in accordance with Public Act 191 of 2017. Applicants who have been convicted of a misdemeanor or felony are ineligible for employment with the Department of Corrections until satisfactory completion of any sentence imposed, including parole or probation.
* Please make sure you provided the names, telephone numbers and e-mail addresses (if available) of three professional references, one of which is your current supervisor. The Department of Corrections Selection Guidelines requires that one of the applicant's references is their current supervisor. Please make sure you include your current supervisor under your references.
* If you have questions or need assistance uploading and/or attaching your documents, please call NEOGOV applicant support at: 855-524-5627 or email [email protected]
Full time employees receive between 15 and 35 vacation leave days per year. Employees also receive 13 sick days per year, and employees receive 8 hours of leave to participate in certain school functions or community activities. Employees may also qualify for up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave for certain family or medical situations.
State employees receive 12 scheduled holidays each year, which include New Years Eve Day and New Years Day, Christmas Eve Day and Christmas Day, Memorial Day, and Veterans Day just to name a few.
Alternative Work Schedules
Flexible work schedules and telecommuting options are available in many jobs.
Insurance and Other Benefits
Insurances include health, vision, dental and life. Employees also have the option to purchase additional life, accidental death, long term disability, long term care insurance, and legal services. Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and child care are also available.
Employees may invest income in a tax-deferred retirement investment program. The state offers two optional deferred compensation plans, the 457 and 401(k). Employees decide the amount you want deducted from your paycheck.
Employees receive a minimum 4% state contribution toward their retirement fund. If an employee elects to contribute more, the state will match that percentage (up to 3%). ORS administers two different retirement plans for State of Michigan employees: a Defined Benefit (DB) plan and a Defined Contribution (DC) plan. Use thefollowing link for detailed information:
Two plans for State Employees
- One to two years of administrative support experience.
- Two to three years of administrative support experience, including one year equivalent to the intermediate level.
- At least three years of administrative support experience, including two years equivalent to the intermediate level or one year equivalent to the experienced level.
- Central Office
- FOA Metropolitan Territory
- FOA Outstate Territory
- Kinross Administrative Offices
- Ionia Administrative Offices
- Jackson Administrative Offices
- Alger Correctional Facility
- Baraga Correctional Facility
- Bellamy Creek Correctional Facility
- Carson City Correctional Facility
- Central Michigan Correctional Facility
- Charles E. Egeler Reception and Guidance Center
- Chippewa Correctional Facility
- Cooper Street Correctional Facility
- Detroit Detention Center
- Detroit Reentry Center
- Earnest C. Brooks Correctional Facility
- G. Robert Cotton Correctional Facility
- Gus Harrison Correctional Facility
- Ionia Correctional Facility
- Kinross Correctional Facility
- Lakeland Correctional Facility
- Macomb Correctional Facility
- Marquette Branch Prison
- Michigan Reformatory
- Muskegon Correctional Facility
- Newberry Correctional Facility
- Oaks Correctional Facility
- Ojibway Correctional Facility
- Parnall Correctional Facility
- Pugsley Correctional Facility
- Richard A. Handlon Correctional Facility
- Saginaw Correctional Facility
- Special Alternative Incarceration Facility
- St. Louis Correctional Facility
- Thumb Correctional Facility
- Women's Huron Valley Correctional Facility
- Woodland Correctional Facility
* Required Question