Under supervision, to perform specialized support activities requiring in-depth knowledge and experience in the area of assignment.Duties might include: preparing statistical data; serving as a lead to lower levels; training new employees; creating spreadsheets; balancing funds; and gathering data and statistics.
- Serves as a lead, to include assigning and monitoring work, training employees on work methods, and providing direction.
- May supervise fiscal support staff including conducting performance evaluations and making hiring, termination and disciplinary recommendations.
- Assists customers and employees with requests for information over the phone and in person.
- Prepares, balances, reconciles, and records a variety of financial data and information.
- Sets up account records, computes accounts receivables, records payments, reconciles ledger accounts, and prepares related reports.
- Verifies and processes a variety of financial documents.
- Prepares, updates, and maintains a variety of correspondence, billings, records, and files.
- Analyzes and reconciles a variety of financial account activities.
- Compiles and maintains financial and statistical data records.
- Prepares and distributes related reports.
- Enters a variety of fiscally-related information into databases; maintains fiscal records and files.
- Assists in preparing complex financial documents, which may include proposals and analytical documents.
- Tracks project expenses.
- Responds to requests for information and inquiries related to programs, policies, and/or other related information; researches customer discrepancies.
- Resolves customer problems.
- Performs other duties of similar nature or level as required.
www.co.kern.ca.us/hr/skills-certificates.aspxfor information about where to obtain an approved certificate.
- Keyboard certificate, verifying a speed offorty (40) net wordsper minute
- 10-key certificateverifying a speed of 120 net keystrokes per minute
If you are unable to attach the certificate to your application, you may submit your certificate to the Human Resources Division at 1115TruxtunAve. First Floor, Bakersfield, CA 93301.
All Kern County employees are designated "Disaster Service Workers" through state and local laws (CA Government Code Sec. 3100-3109 and Ordinance Code Title 2-Administration, Ch. 2.66 Emergency Services). As Disaster Service Workers, all County employees are expected to remain at work, or to report for work as soon as practicable, following a significant emergency or disaster.
This examination will establish an eligible list from which permanent and temporary appointments will be made as needed and one appointmentwill be made. Successful candidates will remain on the eligible list for a period of twelve-months unless specified otherwise by the Civil Service Commission. Candidates are encouraged to indicateALLgeographical locations in which they would accept employment on their application form. CandidatesMUSTbe willing to travel to these locations.
Admittance to the examination will require a government issued photograph identification;Applicants who are unable to present proper identification must make arrangements with the Human Resources Division prior to the test date.
WRITTEN EXAM (Weight 100%):May include knowledge of accounting and clerical procedures and terminology, basic mathematics, applying rules and regulations, alphabetical and numerical sequences, and customer service principles.
Applicants must attain at least a 70% score on each phase of the examination process.
This is a continuous recruitment andmay close at any time without notice.Names will be placed on one eligible list in order of final grades.Individuals who attain placement on the eligible list may not re-apply until their name has expired from the list.
* Required Question