This position is located in the Office of the Director at the Columbia VA Health Care System. The incumbent performs work that involves developing, administering, evaluating, or advising on the Federal Government's internal equal employment opportunity program. Responsible for establishing, organizing, and directing an identifiable part of the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) program. Informs and advises management officials and employees on basic EEO program requirements..
Learn more about this agency
Major Duties include:
- The Equal employment specialist will provide technical and administrative support to the Columbia VA local Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) office in developing programs having to do with equal employment opportunities for minorities, women and individuals with severe disabilities.
- The incumbent will provide assistance to the EEO programs manager on matters concerned with planning, administration, and evaluation of the EEO Program.
- The incumbent also provides advice to service chiefs, supervisors, employees on matters related to EEO, and to patients and family members pertaining to the external discrimination complaints program.
- Incumbent must have skills in the use of office equipment and computer software programs in order to prepare and develop annual and semi-annual program plans and reports such as the Federal Equal Opportunity Recruitment Program plan (FEORP) and certification, people with disabilities accomplishment report, Disabled Veterans Affirmative Action Program Plan (DVAAP), and MD715 Status Report. Incumbent will monitor tracking systems for EEO documents from various program areas.
- Incumbent should be familiar with the requirements under the American with Disabilities Act Amendment Act of 2008, Rehabilitation Action of 1973, and other regulations governing accommodating persons with disabilities. Special emphasis is placed on personnel activities such as recruitment, training programs, promotions, performance measures, strategic planning, diversity events, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm
Telework: Not available.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Equal Employment Specialist/PD544-00222-0, PD544-00223-0, and PD544-02093-0
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level