Customer Service Specialist 2
If you are ready to put your exceptional customer service skills to work, join us today at theDevelopmental Disabilities Administration Intake & Eligibility Unit in Lynnwood. Come be part of our hard-working team of professionals. We need your talent and enthusiasm to provide customer service support, assistance and problem resolution.
In this fast-paced environment, you will be a first point of contact for clients, customers, providers and staff.You will provide general program information about how to access services, assist potential clients having difficulty seeking services, and provide assistance in applying for services. Your work will help us Transform Lives!
Some of what you'll do
- Answer incoming telephone calls and receive visitors in the office
- Respond to inquiries and resolve problems
- Create and update customer profiles
- Complete data entry into multiple databases
- Prepare, organize and archive case files
- Review applications for services and provide follow up contact regarding incomplete information
What we're looking for
- Experience with multi-line phone systems
- Communicate information both orally and in writing so others will understand
- Experience working in a clerical or office setting
- Remain calm when being confronted
- Develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others
- Manage competing priorities
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
Who should apply
Professionalswith an associate's degree and two years of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems; or a bachelor's degree; or equivalent experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems.
How to apply
Please include current contact information for three professional references with your application and attach the following:
- Letter of interest with a detailed description of how your experience relates to this opportunity
- Current chronological resume
Questions regarding this opportunity?Please contact DSHS Recruiter by email or at (360) 725-5885 and reference job number 01378. Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver's license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
We understand that your life revolves around more than just your career and that your priority is making sure that you and your family will maintain health and financial security. That's why choice is a key component of our benefits package. We have a selection of health and retirement plans, paid leave, staff training and other compensation benefits that you can mix and match to meet your current and future needs.
Vacation (Annual Leave)
*Employees who are members of certain Unions are entitled to an additional personal leave day of their choice.Please refer to specific Collective Bargaining Agreements for more information.
- A bachelor's degree
- An associate's degree and two years of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems
- Four years of experience providing assistance to customers regarding inquiries, complaints or problems
- None of the above
* Required Question