POSITION: Window Clerk
CATEGORY: Customer Service
SALARY RANGE: Median Pay $48,360 annually / $23.25 per hour
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Performs distribution and a variety of sales and customer support services for products. Maintains pleasant and effective public relations with customers and others requiring a general familiarity with postal laws, regulations, and procedures commonly used.
- Performs any variety of sales and customer services at a retail window such as maintaining sufficient inventory of and selling stamps, stamped paper, other retail products and services and may use a computerized system, accepting and delivering packages and accountable mail; issuing and cashing foreign and domestic postal money orders; accepting and responding to customer claims and inquiries, and providing information to the public regarding postal regulations.
- Provides sales and customer service support by greeting customers and explaining store layout; determining special interests and referring to sales and promotional programs; offers assistance in product selection; provides special assistance, and answers customer inquiries when needed
- Provides product and service information to customers, including informing customers regarding special offers; suggestive selling related merchandise; promoting products based on customer needs. Provides additional information regarding product features and services.
- Handles and processes customer purchases and returns relating to products and services and may use a point of sale system. Assists customers with transactions.
- Maintains appearance of store by setting up, arranging, and replenishing displays and merchandise racks; ensures display and selling areas, workstations, and storage areas are presentable to customers.
- Conducts product inventories by counting items on hand; attaches and removes security devices; accounts for items on display; and verifies and records sales floor inventory and shrinkage. Brings inventory discrepancies and shrinkage reports to the attention of the appropriate supervisory presence.
- May verify presort and bulk mailings of all classifications computing and maintaining on a current basis mailers credit balances.
- Rents post office boxes, receives rental payments, conducts reference checks, and completes related forms.
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of incoming mail by delivery point based on a knowledge of the distribution scheme established for the office, branch or station.
- Distributes primary and one or more secondary schemes of outgoing mail for dispatch based on knowledge of current distribution schemes.
- Follows established safe work methods, procedures, and safety precautions while performing all duties
EXAMINATION REQUIREMENTS: This job has an exam requirement. Currently, applicants for this posting who do not yet have an exam score are being invited to take the exam. Examining will continue until capacity has been reached.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Applicants must be physically able to efficiently perform the duties of this position, which require strenuous exertion involving prolonged standing, walking, bending and reaching, and may include handling heavy containers of mail weighing up to the allowable maximum mailing weight.
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses may result in disqualification for this opportunity.