The City of Kingman Municipal Court is currently recruiting to fill aCourt Clerk position.This is an exciting opportunity to work with members of the public, law enforcement, and court services personnel.Performs clerical and administrative support work.
Work is performed independently under the supervision of the Court Administrator.
Click on the following link to review the Court Clerk Job Description. Minimum Qualifications/Special Requirements
Education and experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- At least one to two (1-2) years experience in municipal court work or any equivalent experience.
- Any combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge and experience to perform the work.
- Must complete 16 hours continuing education each calendar year
- Must pass pre-employment background check
- Must have Arizona Driver's License
Essential Functions are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills. They are intended to be accurate summaries of what the job classification involves and what is required to perform it.
- Answers incoming calls and handles matters pertaining to same to include disposition information in cases, fine amounts, scheduled hearing and trial dates.
- Assists in setting cases for hearing and trial dates and resets cases as required.
- Issues summons and subpoenas to appear for court matters.
- Types and composes business correspondence relating to activities of the court.
- Dockets and sets up all court files and cross references for prior convictions.
- Completes a variety of forms and forwards to appropriate jurisdiction
- Waits on public at counter and performs cashiering duties to include accepting payments and receipting same as well as submitting a daily deposit to finance.
- Accepts bond and/or bail transactions and completes purchase orders for requesting restitution and/or refunds dollar amounts.
- Prepares and processes failure to appear notices.
- Files pending and completed cases.
- Accepts written motions from attorneys and routes to appropriate parties.
- Prepares forms in courtroom for judge.
- Recalls warrants upon arrest.
- Processes orders of protection.
- Dispositions cases in the Court's case management system and distributes paperwork accordingly.
- Tracks Court ordered counseling and takes appropriate action based on compliance/non-compliance.
- Contacts service providers to verify compliance with court orders.
- Prepares court record on appeals to include creating a CD of the audio recording.
- Enters notes for minutes of court proceedings in courtroom recording program.
- Schedules and maintains Court calendar for court trials and hearings.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this job to ensure continuity.
- Performs all work duties and activities in accordance with Court and City policies and procedures; follows safety policies and practices, works in a safe manner, and reports unsafe activity and conditions.
- Performs related work as required.
- May serve as a member of various employee committees.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Frequent contact with defendants, victims, witnesses, city departments, law enforcement agencies, probation departments, other courts and community businesses and organizations.
The work environment characteristics attached to the job description are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Click here to see the Physical Demands of the position.
Personal Growth Opportunities ~ Meaningful and Challenging Work ~ Public Service
Community Spirit ~ Training and Development
Arizona State Retirement System
Generous Paid Time Off:
10.5 Holidays per year
12 Sick Days per year
15 Vacation Days per year, increases to 20 Days
EPO orHDHPwith HSA
Affordable employee dependent coverage
Flexible Spending Accounts
Robust Wellness Program with enrollment in Medical Plan
Free On-Site Health Screenings, Promotions & Incentives
Fun Challenges for all fitness levels
* Required Question