THE APPLICATION MUST BE FILLED OUT COMPLETELY OR IT WILL BE REJECTED.
RESUMES CANNOT BE SUBMITTED IN LIEU OF A COMPLETED APPLICATION.
ALL APPLICABLE CERTIFICATES/DIPLOMAS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION.
Under general direction, performs the most difficult accounting and auditing work; may supervise staff engaged in departmental accounting, auditing and clerical functions.
- Conducts field audits of County departments and other agencies as assigned.
- Prepares and reviews cost allocation plans.
- Reviews and verifies year end revenue and expenditure accruals and depreciation schedules.
- Performs financial monitoring of contracted service providers.
- Plans, performs, supervises and reviews a variety of accounting or auditing activities.
- Prepares reports and recommends improvements in general and cost accounting and audit systems.
- Assists with accounting and/or auditing program implementation.
- Provides supervision, direction, and training to subordinate accountants and other personnel; evaluates the job performance of subordinates.
- Analyzes division or departmental workloads and work flow and recommends redistribution of work assignments.
- Prepares a variety of complex reports involving statistics, legal requirements, cost and general accounting, and auditing.
- Prepares periodic financial statements/cost and written reports and/or assists in the preparation of the County's annual comprehensive financial statement.
- May prepare the departmental budget and monitor revenues and expenditures.
- May confer with county officials and departmental personnel on accounting and auditing matters.
- Operates a personal computer using a variety of software applications including accounting, spreadsheet, word processing, and database applications as well as task specific applications.
- Performs other related duties as required.
All Kern County employees are designated "Disaster Service Workers" through state and local laws (CA Government Code Sec. 3100-3109 and Ordinance Code Title 2-Administration, Ch. 2.66 Emergency Services). As Disaster Service Workers, all County employees are expected to remain at work, or to report for work as soon as practicable, following a significant emergency or disaster.
FOLLOWING AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT, YOU MAY BE REQUIRED TO SUBMIT TO POST OFFER MEDICAL AND DRUG SCREENING TESTS AT THE COUNTY EXPENSE.
ADMITTANCE TO EACH PHASE OF THE EXAMINATION WILL REQUIRE A GOVERNMENT ISSUED PHOTOGRAPH IDENTIFICATION. APPLICANTS WHO ARE UNABLE TO PRESENT PROPER IDENTIFICATION MUST MAKE ARRANGEMENTS WITH THEHUMAN RESOURCES DIVISION PRIOR TO THE TEST DATE.
This examination will establish an eligible list from which one (1) immediate appointment will be made at the Department of Human Services. Other permanent and temporary appointments will be made as needed. Successful candidates will remain on the eligible list for a period of twelve months, unless specified otherwise by the Civil Service Commission.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT ALL APPLICABLE DIPLOMA(S), TRANSCRIPTS, LICENSES AND/OR CERTIFICATES WITH THEIR APPLICATION.
APPRAISAL (Weight 100%): of training, education, experience, interest and personal fitness for the work based on any of the following: Investigation, interview and/or application. Applicants must attain at least a 70% score on each phase of the examination process.
* Required Question